In a summary of the top ten news articles in this week’s supermarket, Gilsen Market, sold to Japanese retailer PPIH, lists the main news of the week. Among the other stories on this week’s show:
- Reasor has distributed Sally Salad Robot in three stores.
- In a Piplsay survey, Amazon Go drew huge interest from US shoppers.
- According to the American FrozenFood Association and the FMI Food Industry Association of America, frozen food sales are up 21% in 2020 due to COVID changes in shopping and eating habits.
In addition, Meijer wants to give 17,000 injections of COVID-19 in Indiana last week. Enters the entire Wyoming food market. The Senate confirmed Tom Velsack as Secretary of Agriculture.
More Supermarket News
- Ahold Delhaize USA completes step one in shift to self-distribution
- Thanks to This New Online Asian Grocery, I’m Never Going to the Supermarket Again
- Former Marsh supermarket site to become apartment complex
- Kroger proposes giant Marketplace store in Miamisburg
- Kroger will close more stores over hazard pay laws for workers
- Kroger Earnings: What to Watch